Türk Telekom International has signed the C&MA (Construction and Maintenance Agreement) and become a full member of the SEA-ME-WE 5 submarine cable consortium.
SEA-ME-WE 5 is set to start operating at the end of 2016 by connecting 18 countries from Southeast Asia to Western Europe with an approximate length of 20,000 km.
Türk Telekom International, the subsidiary within Türk Telekom Group, which is responsible for the sales and marketing of international wholesale voice and data infrastructure services, became a full member of the SEA-ME-WE 5 submarine cable consortium.
SEA-ME-WE 5 is the latest state-of-the-art submarine cable system for connecting W-Europe to Africa, the Middle East and Asia. The matchless submarine cable system is designed to provide the latest and upgradable 100G technologies with 24 Tbps design capacity.
TTI’s Unique Position Connecting European PoPs (Budapest, Vienna, Frankfurt, etc.) via a totally new path using TTI’s fully protected terrestrial route from the Turkey CLS (Marmaris)
This routing provides the highest level of security for our partners:
- Estimated Round Trip Delay from Marmaris Branching Unit to Frankfurt: 47 ms
- Direct access to countries across Europe and towards the Caucasus and the Middle East:
– Turkey – the largest economy in the region
– Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Iraq and Iran – not reachable via other landings in the Mediterranean
– Major Central and Eastern-European PoPs – Sofia, Budapest, Bucharest, Kiev, Zagreb, etc…
- TTI offers „best in class” conditions for connecting Marmaris to the above destinations on protected high availability routes
- The Marmaris-route has the added option of dropping SMW5 capacity in Istanbul which will be the next big data hub in Eurasia region
- For parties who are interested in using SMW3 capacities for diversity, Marmaris provides interconnection option between SMW3 and SMW5 capacities.
Working with TTI, you have the opportunity to utilize this amazing new route and be part of the future of Asia-Europe communications. SEA-ME-WE-5 is designed to be the premier route connecting Asia and Europe.
For more information, please visit: www.seamewe5.com